Everyone loves entertainment to get rid of all the excitement and stress. There is not a single person who has not seen a single movie or show. Be it sci-fi, romance, thriller, action, comedy, or any other kind, the listener is always looking for new dynamic content.
Over the past few years, online entertainment platforms have taken the place of smartphones, and entertainment has become easily created, everywhere as well as affordable.
What do viewers need to change from mobile small screens, from TV sets to laptop screens and huge 70mm theater screens? Is the entertainment business changing its outfit? Let’s find out more.
The global film industry aka Motion Picture Industry produces more than 6 136 billion, including box office collections as well as home entertainment including DVDs, CDs, and TVs. The largest film industries such as the United States and India feed 377,470 and 248,600 people, respectively.
The top five film industries in the world in terms of box office revenue
(1) United States (2) China (3) India (4) Japan (5) United Kingdom.
The last few years have seen online entertainment platforms embracing the theater as well as the home entertainment business.
Top 5 Online Entertainment Platforms
1) Netflix – an American company. More than .7 15.794 billion, deals in services such as online streaming and media production. Launched back in 1997, Netflix is one of the leading online entertainment platforms. Netflix has over 148 million subscribers and over 154 million free subscribers. English series like Breaking Bad, Narcos, Stranger Things while Hindi series like Sacred Games, Delhi Crime are most popular among the viewers.English series like breach Bad, Narcos, Stranger Things while Hindi series like Sacred Games, Delhi Crime are most popular in the viewers.
2) Hotstar – Hotstar is an Indian online streaming company owned by Star India. It contains content in English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, and many other languages. Hotstar has over 300 million subscribers worldwide.
3) Hulu – Hulu is a video-on-demand service based in the United States and is fully regulated and owned by Walt Disney. Hulu has a total of 130 million subscribers. It forms one of the most popular streaming platforms in the United States
4) Amazon Prime Video – Prime Video is an American internet video that is an Amazon-owned proprietary DVD service, relaunched in 200 back J Fair, Wire, Vip, Mirzapur (Hindi), Inside Edge (Hindi), four more shots (Hindi) ) Most favorite shows in Prime Video. Amazon Prime Video has over 100 million subscribers.
5) Popcornflix – Popcornflix LLC is a website and direction service that provides free ad-supported streaming videos of feature-length movies and episodes. It is owned by Screen Media Ventures.
There are many reasons why online entertainment platforms are performing so well. There’s something here,
1) Fresh Ingredients – As we know all content is a king. The audience was annoyed and tired of seeing the same general content like melodramatic daily soaps, (so-called) reality shows, romance oriented typical shows, and everything. These platforms have provided fresh content to charge up and engage all tired and bored listeners.
2) Ease of access – In a busy world, not everyone can manage some of their time to go to the cinema to sit there and watch movies for more than 2 hours. In a life that only lasts on weekends, people don’t want to rush out of traffic and rush into theaters. These platforms appeared as a solution. They came up with the best content for your image tips. You can watch your favorite movie or watch your favorite or trending show while traveling or even sitting in the washroom.
3) Marketing – These services are among the best among marketers. Since their products are completely digital, they must focus on digital marketing rather than offline. The recently launched Netflix Hindi production Sacred Games can be considered as the best-promoted content. They came out strong with new ways of digital marketing like creating memes, Facebook pages, creative Google, YouTube ads, and creating hype for over a year. Netflix had a revenue of Rs 100 crore from this special show.
4) Affordable rate – If you watch a movie in the theater, you have to pay the amount that can buy at least one full meal for you. Instead of wasting this amount, people think of investing some more in annual subscriptions. You can share your membership with your limited family members and friends. You can even watch free TV! The only comparison shows in this article.
5) Target Audience – All these platforms know their goal audience very well. They have uploaded data for each user, focusing on their age. They have sci-fi, comedy, clean and family movies and shows, content for kids, etc. With the help of machine learning, they suggest suitable content so that the audience is interested. This customized user experience makes the visitor feel more comfortable and feel at home.
6) An open platform for all kinds of creativity- Many countries have their film certification boards. Censorship filters content at the base of nudity, the use of animals when creating, explicit conversation, etc. Many say censorship is a curse for creativity. Those who believe in movies are a mirror of society, they want to show how true society really is. Be it positive or negative shadows. There is no censorship of such platforms. This is a key issue that attracts viewers, film enthusiasts. Censorship filters content on the basis of nudity, the use of animals when creating, explicit conversations, etc.
Impact on the mainstream entertainment industry.
Many big-budget films postponed their release because of the launch of the Trending Series webcasts that day. One good thing that happened was, there are a lot of artists, film technicians fighting for work got another source of income.
There’s no denying that mainstream filmmakers don’t make good movies because people make theaters full when there is film potential. The biggest losers are the TV industry, which typically runs ordinary soaps on a daily basis. The latest Cable TV Data Statistics 2020 shows that Cable TV is changing along with our watching habits, but there is no way to reduce or die.
As these digital entertainment platforms serve data digitally, there is a greater risk of data leakage. Whatever the medium, it is a great disgrace for the efforts taken by the pirate makers and for the technicians to make bread and butter for the family by making films.
Most of the big production houses jumped into this online streaming business and started a new race. We pray that such platforms are not crowded and not as annoying as TV.